Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, caprese grilled cheese sandwich. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have caprese grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich-
- Make ready 4 slice Thick white bread
- Make ready 2 slice Fresh mozzarella
- Make ready Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Make ready 1/4 bunch Basil (more or less depending on taste)
- Make ready to taste Balsamic glaze
- Get 1 dash Salt and pepper
- Make ready 2 tbsp Butter, softened
Steps to make Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich-
- Spread butter on two slices of bread and lay them buttered side down on a clean work surface. (Tip- using a piece of wax paper makes for easy clean up)
- Slice washed tomatoes in half, then arrange the halves on the bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil. This can be washed, dried and torn into pieces. Depending on your personal preference, add as much or little as you like.
- Top each sandwich with a thick slice of fresh mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Butter remaining two slices of bread and place it buttered side up on the mozzarella. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium heat and toast sandwiches on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted. (Lower heat gives sandwich time to develop a nice crunchy crust. A lid could be used to trap the heat in skillet to ensure melted, gooey cheese)
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food caprese grilled cheese sandwich recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!