Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, whole wheat spicy turkey enchiladas. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook whole wheat spicy turkey enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas-
- Prepare 1 lb. ground turkey
- Take 1 large onion
- Prepare 1 large jalapeño pepper
- Make ready 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Prepare 4 tablespoons hot sauce (tapatillo and chulula work best)
- Prepare ground cumin
- Take paprika
- Prepare red pepper flakes
- Get 1 cup enchilada sauce (or tomato based sauce/salsa)
- Get garlic powder
- Prepare Fresh or dried Oregano
Instructions to make Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas-
- In a large stop top skillet- add olive oil and ground turkey. While meat is cooking dice up your onions and jalapeños and set aside. Once meat has browned drain the juices and add your seasonings, mix thoroughly.
- Add onions and jalapeños to the skillet and continue to cook on medium (covered) until the onions are soft. Add hot sauce to the skillet and mix until everything is covered in sauce. Continue to cook until filling is the desired doneness.
- On a microwave safe dish, heat 4 tortillas at a time for 20 seconds so they become easier to work with. Assemble all of your ingredients and lay out a baking dish to rest the enchiladas in.
- Take a handful of filling and spread it out lengthwise on a tortilla, making sure the filling ends at the middle running the length of the tortilla, an inch wide and a half inch tall. Wrap up and set into dish. Repeat until all toquitos are rolled.
- If you have enchilada sauce, add it to the top. If not- take some marinara sauce and mix in some ground cumin, oregano, paprika and chili powder. Spread mixture over top of the rolled tortillas.
- Bake on 350 degrees f. For 20 minutes, or longer if you prefer crunchy tortillas. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food whole wheat spicy turkey enchiladas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!