Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chicken posole. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Posole is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Chicken Posole is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken posole using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Posole-
- Get 4 each dried guajillo chilis
- Get 6 each dried California chili
- Take 1/2 pasilla chili pepper
- Get 1/2 jalapeño chili pepper
- Prepare 2 clove garlic
- Prepare 1/2 large Onion cut in chunks
- Prepare 2 tbsp chili powder
- Take 1/2 cup plain tomato sauce
- Take 3/4 can Hominy. It's the largest sized can-6lbs
- Get 2 Bay leaves
- Prepare salt
- Prepare 3 lb chicken(can be leg or breast/bone-in or boneless)
Instructions to make Chicken Posole-
- De-stem and seed dried peppers, Boil all peppers, onion, and garlic in pot for 20 minutes in minimal amount of salted water-about 1/3 of an 8 qt pot
- Use immersion or regular blender to blend everything you boiled. Be careful if using the blender. Leave slightly open and hold a towel gently on top to avoid steam explosion
- Strain and pour back into pot
- Rinse Hominy and add to pot
- Add tomato sauce,chili powder, and bay leaves. Add water to fill pot up to a couple of inches below top leaving enough room for chicken (don't add the chicken yet) Salt to taste and bring back to a boil
- Add chicken and cook for another 30-40(until chicken is cooked through)
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken posole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!