Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys chicken & sausage pot pie, gf df ef sf nf. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have vickys chicken & sausage pot pie, gf df ef sf nf using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Chicken & Sausage Pot Pie, GF DF EF SF NF-
- Get 1 tbsp oil
- Make ready 1 onion, chopped
- Take 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Prepare 300 g diced chicken
- Take 200 g gluten-free pork sausages, sliced
- Prepare 2 carrots, chopped
- Take 2 sticks celery, chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp gluten-free / plain flour
- Get 250 ml chicken stock
- Prepare 2 tbsp Oatly creme fraiche
- Take 150 g frozen peas
- Get 100 g Violife brand free-from cheese, grated/shredded (optional)
- Prepare Salt & pepper
- Get 300 g Vickys Puff Pastry - see my previously posted recipe
- Make ready Milk of choice to glaze pastry
Instructions to make Vickys Chicken & Sausage Pot Pie, GF DF EF SF NF-
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until translucent
- Add the garlic, chicken and sausage and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned
- Stir in the carrots and celery then sprinkle the flour over and mix in
- Add the chicken stock and let simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened and the chicken is cooked through
- Stir in the creme fraiche, cheese and peas, season to taste with salt and pepper then transfer into an ovenproof dish
- Roll out and cut the pastry to size and place over the oven dish, sticking the pastry overhang to the outside of the dish with a little of the milk. If the pastry touches the filling underneath it won't cook properly so use a dish that leaves a bit of space between the filling and top of the dish.
- Glaze the pastry with the milk then bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden
- Serve with boiled potatoes or chunky chips. This served 2 adults and 3 under 10's
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time. To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vickys chicken & sausage pot pie, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!