Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, basic sourdough bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Sourdough Bread-
- Get 500 g bread flour
- Make ready 5 g salt
- Make ready 50 g active starter
- Take 350 g warm water
Steps to make Basic Sourdough Bread-
- Taking 30g starter from the fridge, let it in room temperature. Add 30g warm water + 30g bread flour. Stir it well and let it rise double in size. When you see alot of bubbles, it’s done. It took me 3 hours in the summer. This is active starter. (50g).
- In a mixing bowl, mix warm water with active starter. Add flour and salt. Mix it all together loosely, so that it’s pretty ragged but all the flour and water is mixed. Cover and autolyse 1h.
- Stretch and fold the dough and bring it into a smooth ball of dough. Literally pick up a handful of dough from one side of the bowl, lift it, stretch and fold it over the rest of the dough to the other side of the bowl; you don’t need to pull it tight. Then turn the bowl and repeat the process, do it about 15-20times maximum, until its a smooth ball. Cover the bowl again and leave it out on the kitchen counter; perform the lifting and folding actions 2 to 4 times after resting 30 minutes.
- Recover the bowl, and leave it on the counter overnight if in the winter. It took me 6hr in the summer to see it 2.5 bigger in size.
- Get your banneton out and liberally flour it with rice flour. It needs to be really well floured, all the way up the sides, so that the dough doesn’t stick. Turn down the dough on to the light floured surface and divide in 2 small loaves. Round 2 balls of dough and rest 10’. Covered. Tighten and shape the dough. Place them in banenton.
- Cover it again with a plastic bag/shower cap, and put it in the fridge for minimum 1 hour, maximum up to 3 hours. I put it in the kitchen counter (double in size after 45 minutes)
- After this time, preheat the oven to 250oC. No need to heat Dutch oven. Once the oven is up to temperature, line the Dutch oven with a sheet of parchment baking paper. - Place the tin over the top of the banneton, then invert it/turn it all over together to turn the dough into the pot. Slash the top of the dough with a a clean razor blade, put the lid on and bake it for 40’. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes.
- When done, remove the whole pans from the oven, carefully take the loaves from the pan. Leave the loaves on a rack to cool.
- Wait AT LEAST an hour before you slice into it. If you cut into the loaf too soon, steam will fill all of those carefully crafted holes and make the bread gummy.
See to it that you integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Whole grains, and oats, together with an assortment of nuts, chiefly walnuts. Also, you may wish to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By eating these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any problems with gaining weight. You will enjoy great health once you choose to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food basic sourdough bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!