Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chicory and blue cheese salad. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicory and blue cheese salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad-
- Get 2 heads red chicory (endive)
- Take 40 g blue cheese (Gorgonzola, Roquefort)
- Make ready 1 spring onion
- Prepare 100 ml olive oil
- Get 50 ml red wine vinegar
- Take Lemon juice
- Get Balsamic glaze
Steps to make Chicory and Blue Cheese Salad-
- Prepare the endive. Use a knife to release the leaves from the base. Cut them individually to keep the length of the long ones. Go until you are left with just a white core. Gently wash the leaves in cold water and dry carefully with paper towel. Lay these on a plate and arrange them how you like them. I did them in lines but you could do circular if you like.
- Crumble the blue cheese over the endive in small chunks. Make sure it’s inside the leaves and there is a good amount in each one. Slice up the spring onion very finely and do the same.
- To make the dressing, simply combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and lemon juice as you like the taste. Combine with a whisk or a Make it a bit more vinegary than you might think as the creaminess of the cheese will need this.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into each leaf. In horizontal lines drop the balsamic glaze.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chicory and blue cheese salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!