Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's sausage eggplant parmesan. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's sausage eggplant parmesan using 33 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan-
- Take Meat
- Get 1 1/2 lb Italian Sausage [in casing]
- Take 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Make ready Homemade Red Sauce
- Make ready 5 medium Roma Tomatoes [cut into 1" cubes]
- Get 1 can 28 oz Crushed Or Stewed Tomatoes
- Prepare 2 can 6 oz Tomato Paste
- Prepare 2 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- Get 1/3 cup Fresh Garlic [rough chop-packed]
- Prepare 1 tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes [fine chopped-packed]
- Take 7 large Basil Leaves [rough chop]
- Take 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley [rough chop-loose pack]
- Prepare 1 large White Onion [chopped]
- Get 2/3 cup Fresh Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Take 1 tsp Each- Italian Seasoning - Onion Powder - Salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Each- Black Pepper - Red Pepper Flakes Or Red Pepper Oil
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- Make ready 2/3 cup Black Olives [halved]
- Get 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon [a quality bottle]
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Baking Soda [x 2 to decrease acidity if needed]
- Make ready Eggplant
- Take 2 large Eggplants [room temperature-slice about 1/4" thick]
- Take 1 box 8 oz Panko Bread Crumbs
- Get 1 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Get 1 tbsp Each- Garlic Powder - Onion Powder - Italian Seasoning
- Prepare 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese [powdered in the bottle]
- Prepare 5 Fresh Eggs [mix in separate bowl]
- Make ready 3 cup High Heat Frying Oil
- Get Layer Toppers
- Prepare 2 box 8 oz Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Take 1 Additional Fresh Parsley
- Prepare 1 Additional Fresh Basil
Instructions to make Mike's Sausage Eggplant Parmesan-
- Canned goods and other items needed.
- Pull sausage from its casings and fry with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, thick bottom pot.
- Add everything in the Homemade Red Sauce Section to that same pot and simmer for up to 3 hours, stirring regularly.
- After boiling your sauce for some time, if you find your sauce tastes too acidic, [you feel as though it needs sugar] add 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda to your boiling mixture, simmer and taste. Add an additional 1/4 teaspoon if you feel it's needed. Your sauce will foam up momentarily but no worries, it'll settle right down. Fine grated carrots will also calm any acidity if you don't have any Baking Soda on hand and you have the full 3 hours to simmer them down.
- Mix everything in your Panko Crumb Mixture Section except for the oil in a larger bowl and beat your eggs in a separate larger bowl.
- Slice [room temperature] Eggplants to about 1/4" thickness, dip in egg mixture, coat in seasoned Panko Crumb Mixture and fry on high for about 2 minutes on each side then drain on paper towels. Don't over fry but you will want crispy eggplants.
- Ladle Red Sauce on the bottom of a sprayed or non stick disposable serving tray. Lay fried Eggplant on top of that. Like making a Lasagne, add more sauce and Parmesan and lay more Eggplant. Repeat process until all Eggplant is positioned. Make this dish with as many layers as your pan can handle or create 2 levels and make two 9x12 pans worth. Top with Red Sauce, Parsley, fresh Basil and additional Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.
- This recipe makes two 9"x12" sheets with two layers of Eggplant. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes before serving. Try serving this with a wedge salad, garlic bread and a quality Cabernet Sauvignon!
Your daily diet should contain at least several of these super foods. Why not include some beans or blueberries? Next, add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a few other foods to include. Also, you have to include yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a regular part of your diet will help solve your weight gain problems. Green living provides you with a solid eating plan, with all of the right ingredients for better health. You will discover that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. You can expect to have a healthy future by modifying your food choices today.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mike's sausage eggplant parmesan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!