Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, spicy mapo tofu (healthier version). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have spicy mapo tofu (healthier version) using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version)-
- Get 1 piece soft silken organic tofu (package)
- Prepare 3 piece green onion
- Take 1 head garlic
- Take 1 piece ginger freshly peeled (size of thumb )
- Prepare 1 lb ground pork
- Make ready 2 star anise
- Prepare 1 salt
- Make ready 1 black pepper or white pepper
- Take 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Make ready 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- Get 1 tbsp sirracha
- Take 1/2 cup shaoxing rice wine
- Prepare 1/2 can chicken stock
- Take 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Get 1 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- Make ready 1 tsp chili powder
- Take 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- Get 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Make ready 1 bunch cilantro chopped discard stem
- Take 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 2 tablespoons cold water
- Take 10 piece dry red chilis
- Prepare 3 cup white rice
Instructions to make Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version)-
- Finely chop green onion, peeled garlic and peeled ginger. Set aside.
- Combine ground pork, salt and pepper to taste,cayenne, chili powder and pour in Shao xing rice wine, dark soy sauce and set aside to marinate for 10 min
- In a hot wok, pour in avocado oil. Sautee green onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic. Be careful not to brown the garlic
- Add in ground pork mixture and brown.
- When pork is cooked, add in star anise, crushed red pepper, dry red chilis, oyster sauce, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, sirracha, and chicken broth. Let everything combine and bring to a boil.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and add to pork mixture. Let boil for 5 min. Taste it to see if more salt needed
- Add cornstarch slurry to mixture. Let boil for 1 min. Remove from heat, pour into casserole dish and top with freshly chopped cilantro
- Make steamed rice on the side. And serve together
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food spicy mapo tofu (healthier version) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!