Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Spoon tomato mixture on top of the shrimp and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. This healthy recipe is easy to prepare and the sauce—flavored with herbs, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and cheese—is very flavorful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce-
- Get 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Get 2 medium peppers, chopped
- Take 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Prepare 2 tbsp white wine
- Take 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- Prepare 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare 2 tbsp Philadelphia cheese
- Prepare 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Take 1 tsp dried basil
- Prepare 1 salt and pepper to taste
Steps to make Shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce-
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/ 350°F. The dish will be finished in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan, (I add some red hot pepper flakes) and saute the pepper till tender. Next add the shrimp and saute for a minute or so.
- Add the garlic, the dried basil and some freshly cracked black paper. Give it a couple of stirs so that the spices release their aroma and then add the wine.
- Once the wine has been absorbed, add the tomatoes. Let the tomato juice evaporate and then add the cheeses. Also, add the salt and parsley.
- Once everything is incorporated, divide the dish into two oven proof dishes (single serving) and place in the oven for around 10 minutes, till it has a nice light brown color.
- Serve in the oven proof dish, just leave the dish to cool a bit. Enjoy!
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest. Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
Shrimp in Tomato Sauce With Feta Cheese is a Greek-style main dish that comes together quickly in one pot. This healthy recipe is easy to prepare and the sauce—flavored with herbs, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and cheese—is very flavorful. See recipes for Shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce too. Spoon tomato mixture on top of the shrimp and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese. The shrimp will be pink but not fully cooked. Spread the tomato sauce in the bottom of a shallow baking dish. Next, layer the shrimp, then the sliced tomato. Then combine the pasta with the tomato sauce and shrimp mixture. Then layer the cream cheese mixture on top of the tomato sauce. Put shrimp in a mixing bowl. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano. Off the heat, arrange the shrimp over the tomato sauce in an even layer. Crumble the feta over the shrimp, and then sprinkle with the oregano. Variation Substitute four boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the shrimp. Make the sauce separately by sautéing the garlic for a minute, adding the red-pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, scallions, garlic, a nice pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook until the greens of the scallions are wilted and darkened. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Heat the oil in an oven proof skillet over a medium-high heat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food shrimp baked in tomato and cheese sauce recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!