Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken-
- Get 1 FOR SOUP STOCK
- Prepare 1 Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces
- Prepare 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- Make ready 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- Prepare 1 large onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- Make ready 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- Take 1 tsp thyme, dryed
- Get 6 black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Make ready 3 whole garlic cloves
- Prepare 1 ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST
- Make ready 1 FOR SOUP
- Get 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Take 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- Get 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Take 1 medium onion, chopped
- Take 2 clove of garlic, minced
- Take 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- Take 2 cup bok choy, chopped
- Get 1/2 tsp thyme
- Get 1/2 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
- Get 1 tsp hot sauce such as franks brand
- Prepare 2 tsp lemon juice
- Take 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Take 1 cup or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup
- Get 1 cup cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time.
- Prepare 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken-
- FOR STOCK
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat.
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids.
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait.
- FOR SOUP
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, particularly blueberries. Next, add a few veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole grains, and oats, along with an assortment of nuts, primarily walnuts. Also, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soy, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. Eating from this list of foods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy good health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be much improved, and your body can potentially become disease free. You can anticipate a healthy future by modifying your food choices now.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!