Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, chicken puffs with homemade puff pastry. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious. The store bought version may be convenient but it will leave you feeling lackluster, while the homemade dough will make you weep. Puff pastry is the ultimate dough in any home or professional kitchen.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken puffs with homemade puff pastry using 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry-
- Prepare 3 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Corn Flour
- Get 1/2 Tablespoon Salt
- Take 1 1/4 Cups water , cold
- Take 454 Grams butter , cold
- Take 1 Kilogram Chicken
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons Red chilli powder
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Make ready 5 Onions , sliced
- Get 2 Tomatoes , chopped
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon Garam masala
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons Ginger garlic paste
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Water
- Prepare 1/2 Cup Ghee
- Prepare Curry leaves
Steps to make Chicken Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry-
- Whisk the all purpose flour,corn flour and salt together.
- Add all the water at once and mix till it forms a ball. You can use a food processor for these steps. The dough will be very moist and pliable and will hold together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Remove the dough from the machine,form into a ball,and, with a small sharp knife, slash the top in a tic-tac-toe pattern.Wrap the dough in a damp towel and refrigerate for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile place the butter between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and beat it with a rolling pin until it flattens into a square that's about 1" thick.Take care that the butter remains cool and firm; if it has softened or become oily, chill it before continuing.
- Unwrap the dough and place it on a work surface dusted with all purpose flour.With the rolling pin,press on the dough to flatten it and then roll into a 10" square.Keep the top and bottom of the dough well floured to prevent sticking and lift the dough and move it around frequently.
- Starting from the center of the square, roll out over each corner to create a thick center pad with "ears" or flaps. Place the cold butter in the middle of the dough and fold the ears over the butter, stretching them as needed so that they overlap slightly and encase the butter completely
- The dough must be cold at all times. If your room is warm and you feel that the butter has softened,wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and chill it.
- Flaten the dough with the roller pin into an elongated rectangle,then fold it 1/3. Turn it again roll into an elongated rectangle fold by 1/3 and chill for 30 minutes. Do the same for three times. So that you have rolled the dough 6 times and chilled it thrice.
- For a video demo of rolling out the puff pastry you can watch Michel Richard in action- http-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqbqk5SFKhc&playnext=1&list=PL41F443EB03294C87&feature=results_video
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F/220C and position the rack in the middle.
- Dust your work surface with flour, lightly.Cut out a small portion of the puff pastry and roll it out into 1/4" thickness, evenly. Try to keep it in a rectangular or square shape to avoid wastage.
- Divide them further into squares using a sharp knife.Keep the filling in the center,fold over and seal the edges using water. Place the filled pastry on a parchment/butter paper lined baking sheet.
- Beat a whole egg and brush lightly on top of the filled pastry and bake for 25-30 mins or till the top is nice and golden. Let it cool slightly as it gets crunchy when it cools.
- Put chicken pieces, powders,salt and ginger garlic paste,onions,tomatoes and 3-4 tbsp of oil/ghee into the cooker and give it a mix.
- Cook on medium flame for 1 whistle.
- Remove the pieces. Reserve the gravy.
- Fry the pieces in oil/ghee till lightly browned.Keep aside.
- To the reseved gravy,add water and saute till it's dark maroonish brown in colour. Add oil/ghee if necessary.
- Add the fried chicken pieces and mix till well coated.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot with rice,chapathi,parata etc.
- For Chicken puffs I used boneless chicken cut into small cubes.And it takes a lot of time for cooking. It depends on each.
Be sure to integrate these superfoods into your diet every day. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Next, add several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are some other superfoods to add. In addition, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya bean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods daily, you should not have to worry about any weight problems. You will enjoy great health once you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.
Today in Grey Pot lets learn how to make Chicken puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets Click on the below link for the video with audio tutorial. Puff pastry is the ultimate dough in any home or professional kitchen. One that is not at all difficult to make, but it requires some of your time and a bit of your patience. The store bought version may be convenient but it will leave you feeling lackluster, while the homemade dough will make you weep. How to make Minced Chicken Puffs, Easy Puff Pastry Appetizer recipe, Minced chicken in puff pastry sheets, Savory Puff Pastry holiday Appetizers Chicken Puff Pastry Chicken Patties is my go-to appetizer for parties because "I don't like buttery, flaky puff pastry with chicken filling" said no. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky crust on top of juicy chunks of chicken and vegetables creamy sauce! Use leftover chicken if you have it on hand. PASTRY Frozen puff pastry makes this dish a breeze to make. You can substitute your favorite pie dough or use refrigerated pie. How to make Chicken Puffs with Homemade Puff Pastry Sheets. Add filling cover it and seal it with fork. Give an egg wash to get beautiful golden color on top while baking. How to make Minced Chicken Puffs, Easy Puff Pastry Appetizer recipe, Minced chicken in puff pastry sheets, Savory Puff Pastry holiday Among all the appetizers, Puff Pastry Snack is a must-have on my Thanksgiving menu and today's recipe Minced Chicken Puffs perfectly fits the bill. Chicken Curry Pie with Puff Pastry. Puff Pastry Cups with Chicken Ragout. Chicken Puff Pastry Recipe Chicken Patties with Homemade Dough ?????? ???? ???????????? Ramadan Special. This homemade puff pastry recipe is for purists who insist on the best possible ingredients for their baked goods. Making your own puff pastry from scratch is not difficult, but it is a time-consuming and painstaking process. Plan on three days to make this puff pastry, as the first and last steps require. Chicken marinated in garlic, layered with sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, spinach, and feta cheese, and wrapped in flaky puff pastry.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food chicken puffs with homemade puff pastry recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!