Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, salade niçoise. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have salade niçoise using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Salade Niçoise-
- Get Salad-
- Get 2 tins tuna, in oil or spring water
- Make ready 12 small new potatoes, cooked with skin on and quartered lengthways
- Take 4 vine tomatoes, chopped
- Get 120 g French beans, topped and cooked al dente
- Get 1 Romaine lettuce
- Prepare 2 red peppers, roasted and seeded
- Take 1/2 cucumber, sliced into half circles
- Take 1/2 red onion finely sliced into half rings
- Make ready 2 free range/organic eggs, boiled and quartered lengthways
- Take 8 anchovy fillets, cut in half lengthways
- Take 20 black olives, pitted
- Make ready French dressing/vinaigrette-
- Get 120 ml olive oil
- Take 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Get 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Prepare 1 shallot, finely minced
- Make ready 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- Get Sea salt
Steps to make Salade Niçoise-
- Dressing- whisk together all the ingredients and season to taste
- Salad- Using your hands, tear up the washed and dried romaine lettuce leaves and lay over 4 dishes/dinner plates
- Arrange the tuna, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, green beans, potatoes, boiled egg quarters, olives and anchovy strips, equally over the 4 plates
- Drizzle over the French dressing and finish with freshly ground black pepper, to taste
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it. Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food salade niçoise recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!