Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, norwegian garlic thyme chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook norwegian garlic thyme chicken using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken-
- Get 20 clove garlic 2 heads
- Get 3 pound chicken skin on bone in I used chicken breast
- Get 1 teaspoon thyme
- Prepare 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Get 1 cup chicken broth
Steps to make Norwegian Garlic Thyme Chicken-
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the oil in an oven safe pan. Peel the garlic and separate the cloves.
- Sear the chicken skin side down 5 minutes
- Sear the other side 3 minutes remove the chicken and add the garlic to the pan sauté for 3 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken back into the pan. Sprinkle the thyme over the chicken and beside the chicken in the oil.
- Put into the oven for 30 minutes covered. Then remove the chicken from pan.
- Add the broth and mash the garlic cloves. Heat on top of stove. Let reduce till thickened.
- Add the chicken back into the pan basting the chicken. Keep basting for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time. As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food norwegian garlic thyme chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!